The home is one of those places we tend to neglect when we think about our health and when we think about nature. Here are some of the ways a more natural home benefits our health:
- A low-EMF environment has less risk for cancer, illness and anxiety.
- Furniture and finishes made from natural materials and ingredients cause less offgassing in general and keep dangerous manmade toxins out of our dust.
- Using natural daylighting to light our spaces as much as possible keeps our circadian rhythms healthy, resulting in better sleep.
- Natural colors and patterns, and color chosen with use in mind are more relaxing.
- When we understand nature’s rules (ie, high humidity encourages mold) we can keep things in their proper place (mold stays outside!).
- Acknowledging the natural human tendency to trip and knock into things, we can prevent many bangs bruises and injuries.
© 2019 – Kristina Hicks-Hamblin – The Healthy Homestead