I see food as one of the most basic ways to get more nature in your life – and more specifically, in your body! Here’s how:
- Eating unprocessed foods that you cook yourself.
- Growing your own food. Seed to plate shows you how it happened!
- Eating foods that your body tolerates (avoiding foods that cause allergies or sensitivities in your particular body).
- Incorporating fermented foods into your diet to create diversity in your microbiome.
- Looking to traditional cultures’ cooking wisdom – after all, their 100’s or 1000’s years of experience taught them a lot.
- Foraging and eating wild foods for variety and to add potentially missing nutrients back into your diet.
- Treating food as medicine, the way it was done for 1000’s of years!
© 2019 – Kristina Hicks-Hamblin – The Healthy Homestead